House of General Friedrich Schmid
17th/18th c.; Eastern core structure 1684-86; Western part around 1750
Like a mighty barrier, the baroque building stands at the southern entrance of the village centre under its hipped roof. The eastern part was built by the v. Salis family, the western part for Christian Friedrich Schmid. Inside: Carved panelling, large living room with Swiss stone pine wood and oven (Vorarlberg), salon with rich stucco ceiling. Auxiliary building: Baker's house (Pfisteri) adjoining the vineyard in the south.