The old Gräpplang Castle ruins stand west of the village of Flums, recalling times long past.
The first documented reference to the castle dates from the year 1249. As there was no interest in preserving the castle, it was sold for demolition in 1804. Recyclable materials such as bricks, iron mountings, fixtures, woodwork and building blocks were sold whenever possible.
In 1923, the ruins of Gräpplang Castle were taken over by the political commune of Flums and during the following years, extensive building work was carried out to restore the castle. A few years ago the “Pro Gräpplang” foundation was formed, which organises cultural events in and around the Gräpplang ruins.