Torkel Marugg (winepress)
1691; 1844; 2003
The three-storey winepress (a so-called “Torkel”) stands in a prominent position, marking the upper end of the historic village centre. The gate dates from the same period as the wine-press’ tree trunk from 1691, which has since been removed; it was used to press grapes as well as fruit. The roof structure was rebuilt after the village fire of 1820. Some of the interior fittings are still from the building period. Note the "Stäpfli" facing the alley.