Upper Sprecher House
17th c.; renovated in 1745 (after village fire)
The stately patrician house with its crenellated tower is a striking feature of the upper edge of the village. The windows in the symmetrical, three-storey street façade under the hipped roof let plenty of light into the rooms, some of which are furnished with baroque wood panelling made from Swiss stone pine and historic stoves. The town house garden to the south is also remarkable.